His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Monday, November 28, 2011

Saint Nicholas

I have mentioned this website in the past, but wanted to remention it. :) 
www.saintnicholascenter.org  is a really great site to learn about the REAL Saint Nicholas. He was the biship of Myra.... in Turkey.  He was raised by Christian Parents and orphaned at a fairly young age. He inherited a great deal of wealth but chose to give it all away to the poor, with great joy!
He was imprisoned for a time, and had a huge impact on Christianity today, arguing during the Nicine Meetings for the doctrine of the Trinity.  He was very involved in the development of the NICENE CREED.

Saint Nicholas DID drop money down chimneys, put money and gifts in shoes and greatly enjoyed giving.
It was not until the 1800's that some guy named Knickerbocker mentioned that St. Nick was an elfvin creature who wore a red suit that things began to change. And it wasn't until the early 20th century that our American, Modern day Santa Claus showed up.  We have always taught our children about the REAL St. Nick, but mostly, we have taught them the REAL reason for the Season we celebrate.  JESUS CHRIST, come in the flesh.... to save a world from Sin.

No comments:

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin