His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Monday, November 14, 2011

Will It Ever Change???

While countries may not change, or institutions may not change, WE can be that change One child at a Time!


7 comments:

FaerieMama said...

I just watched this a few hours ago and nearly threw up.

Bridget said...

these poor kids! Even the person showing them the 21 year old boy just rolled him over like he was a doll! Humans should not be treated like this!

Muddled Muse said...

I started watching this and had to stop halfway through. They look like holocaust survivors. It makes you feel rather powerless against all the evil in the world.

Mike and Christie said...

Jean, this is so common it is frightening. Erika was in a similar place. She was not out of a crib for 4 years! There are so many kids who go through this and a fraction of them come home. A few blogs I follow have adopted children from these conditions. One mama watched them toss her future son and she cringed at how he had been treated all those years. :(
The hollow looks of many of these children when they come home are changed forever with love and nutrition. Some people have come home and had to have their child immediately taken to the hospital because they had been so severely starved. This is systematic and PURPOSEFUL. If they die, nobody cares. If they eat, nobody cares. They get what they get. It is HORRIBLE. And I pray that it is NO LONGER HIDDEN! The man in this inverview said, "we'll appoint a commission".... REALLY? I SERIOUSLY DOUBT it! He went out to dinner in his suit and forgot about it.

Kevin and Nikki said...

This hurt so badly...particularly as a new mother. All I could see when I looked at those babies was my own son. I can't imagine someone not picking up those sweet children and hugging them, kissing them, and loving them.
I am about to visit their website and see how I can help. If you know of any other ways Kev and I can help, please email or facebook message me. My heart absolutely broke watching that.
Thanks for sharing.

Mike and Christie said...

Bless You Nikki and Kev! That is exactly how I feel too when I hug my girls. How could anybody have not hugged them! :(
One of the places that helps especially with children that have special needs is Reece's Rainbow.
I have a link to them on my sidebar on the right under adoption related websites. Thanks so much!

Mary Grace Biggs said...

That was so sad I couldn't watch it all the way... :(

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin