His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Dabba is 91 Today!

 This is Dabba with Joseph.
I am so proud of my Dabba. :)  She still uses the computer and emails. :)
She turns 91 today.
Dabba is more like my mom.  She was my mother in law for several years.  She is Gramma Dabba to ALL of our kids.
She is the very example of what I would want to be like .  She is loving and caring. She is patient and kind. She is long suffering.  She loves the Lord Jesus, and she dedicated MOST of her money to other's needs.  She had 6 children when her husband died and managed to raise all of them on a medical secretary's salary.  She also cheerfully gave her money away to missions.   She is no longer living on her own, but is doing well.
I wish I had a new picture of her! (Hint-Hint)

One of my favorite memories of Dabba is going on our "Ladies' Friendlies".... This is what Dabba called it when just the girls went out to a restaurant and talked.  I LOVED going out and spending time with her and Aunt Lee Lee.

Aunt Lee Lee, (who was really my sister in law) lived at home with her mom, because she had schizophrenia and was unable to live on her own much of the time.  She did laundry and did a really great job at it.  But didn't get out much.
She loved going out too, when we all went together! 
The place we usually went was just about 3 miles from the house.  There were maybe 3 stop lights.  One time, when we were on our way, the light turned red and Aunt Lee Lee groaned, "Oh NO!"  Dabba smiled and said in her famous humor, "Did you have an important appointment to get to?"
There was a pause and then Aunt Lee Lee started to laugh.... and we all laughed. (you would have had to have been there)
 I hate it that we live so far away from each other and can't do "ladies friendlies".  But our love for each other is just as strong, even though we don't get to see each other.

Happy Birthday Mom~!

1 comment:

Hevel said...

You are one incredibly fortunate woman, who was blessed by two wonderful mothers-in-law! I guess it has to do with the fact that you are pretty awesome yourself!

Happy birthday to your Dabba! And many more! Bis hundert und zwanzig!

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin