His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Thursday, August 12, 2010

Diving Into Math


I have been asked a few times about what we are using to help us with math. Several years ago, when teaching our boys, I switched to a geometry program with a video teacher.
The guys didn't like it so much, but I didn't feel equipped to teach geometry. It was a good decision.

Since that time, a group of CD's have been made to go along with Saxon Math. We have used Rod and Staff math up until now, and have switched to Saxon this year. One of the reasons we switched, was because Saxon has changed their format and now has a SEPARATE Geometry Book between Algebra 1 and Algebra 2.

The CD's cost is around 50 dollars. You do not see the teacher, but hear his voice, and as he talks, you watch him work out the math problems for each lesson. He is interesting and fun, and the girlies are really excited about watching.

One of the things I loved hearing him say on the first lesson was, "You can have the best math curriculum and the best teacher but the most important thing is a good attitude." :)

The CD's can be purchased for all of the math through Physics, and I noticed on the website there are more for Chemistry and other subjects.
Here is a sample of what the screen looks like. It is a man's voice and he works out the problems as you watch. You can even hear him writing on a chalk board... :)


Here is a link to the DIVE website.

2 comments:

Annie said...

I like Saxon Math because I could actually understand it, and when I forgot it, could always go back to those nice, clear, little incremental lessons.

Hevel said...

I am just happy that I don't have to teach anything beyond 3rd grade now. Noa will be going into 3rd grade (according to her age - we can't put her anywhere else), so we just have to do a bit of learning English and catching up. 4th grade Maths start to confuse me.

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin