His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Saturday, August 28, 2010

A Short Visit and Memorial Service

Mike's mother died last May. She was on vacation in Phoenix, visiting her daughter when this happened, so a memorial service took place there, and the wheels of planning the kids getting together started back then.

We all decided that we would get together near her birthday, which is today, and have a celebration of her life, with her church family and friends, in Tulsa. Yesterday was the service.

We woke up very early in the a.m. and headed up to OK, and arrived about 30 minutes before the service, and then we were able to spend the night with our other siblings and their families.

It was really a nice service. But we all decided, that 3 funerals in 3 years for close family members is no way to get together. We want to make sure we are all able to get together for something happy too!

We have a brother in Tulsa, 2 siblings in AZ and then our other brother and his family along with us in TX.

It was great to ALL (almost all) be together. ( some of the spouses were unable to attend due to school activities)

But the cousins that were there had a wonderful time seeing each other.

Of couse, the pool at the hotel made for the uplifting of spirits, and then we all had a family meal together that evening.

Carla, Mike's sister did a fabulous job of arranging the memorial service with the church, contacting family friends, once again, and even speaking at the service.

That was alot for her to do, but she did it was grace and dignity. Thank you Carla.

As I was going home, and Mike and I were talking, (I love those times when the girlies are asleep and we are driving down the road, cup of coffee in hand and we can just share.) it dawned on me what a blessed family we have. I have heard nightmare stories of parents dying nad siblings fighting and old grudges coming back to light etc.
There is none of that. All of our brothers and sisters deeply love each other.

Mike's mom and dad did an amazing job of teaching love and acceptance.

Last night, at 10:30 p.m. this is what was going on with Uncle Chris...... (no wonder they slept all the way home) LOL

No comments:

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin