His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Thursday, August 5, 2010

A New Sort Of Tooth Fairie



Anna has had this tooth dangling for a couple of months. It distracts me, and I always want to grab it and yank on it.... of course she won't let me. :)
It was so loose that it was sticking out.... so instead of the usual "tooth fairie" incentive, I knew there was this little cat diary she wanted. I told her, if you get that tooth out in 5 minutes, we'll see about getting that cat diary. It was a SMALL price, compared to taking her to get it pulled. She emerged from the bathroom with success! The tooth behind that is loose too. She is working on that one, for a trip to the dog pound. :) She likes to pet the dogs and cats.
There is a tooth pushing in behind those two teeth, and when it comes in, we will be headed to the orthodontist for the dreaded braces.

Anna is missing a tooth next to her front teeth on either side. We were told this when we took her to the dentist for a check up. So, we will weigh our options on what to do. They said they can make false teeth for her, or leave things alone and just straighten what she has.
I know there are also dental implants which might be a good idea too, but not until she is full grown. So, we shall see. :)

2 comments:

Ivy said...

i am so glad you are getting braces for her! Beautiful teeth will be a confidence boost for her when she is grown and she will always be grateful!

Mike and Christie said...

The other tooth is out! YEA! Now I get to go to the dog pound. LOL

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin