His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Friday, August 13, 2010

FRIDAY NIGHT SLUMBER PARTY


Anna was using a flash light to finish reading her book.

Daddy is already zonked out! :)

We have had this tradition for many years, (like 21), of having a slumber party on Friday nights all together. Years ago, it was the boys, and us, all falling asleep in the den. They had sleeping bags. But this ole' body can no longer sleep on a floor. So, with the girlies, we moved it to our bedroom. We have two cots, and the floor. We are looking for another cot to go on sale, and then, we will have 3 for everybody.... so far, somebody has to stay on the floor. Today, it is Erika's turn.
It was actually Sarah's turn, but Erika told Sarah to sleep on the cot again, and she'd take the floor. She is such a sweetie.
Sarah took advantage of the offer. :)

We love our Friday night Rituals. We go to sleep to the Movie, "The Secret of Roan Inish"... mainly, because we love the music so much. The story is fun, but the music is great! :)


What are your Friday Night Rituals?

3 comments:

Hevel said...

Ooooo, with Friday evenings bringing the Shabbat in, we have all these special traditions that the three newest members are getting used to and Noa seems to enjoy greatly.

In Israel the weekend is Friday (officially after noon, but many places are in weekend mode all day) so in the afternoon we start with baking challah and fixing both Friday dinner and Saturday's meals. In the "winter" we wat cholent on Saturday, now we have to be more creative. Then we get dressed in our "Sunday's best" and 18 minutes before sunset the Shabbat candles are lit by the women of the family. Then we go to Kabbalat Shabbat at Shul and have dinner with family and friends. We often have a dinner outside with our neighbors (especially now that it's Ramadan and our Muslim neighbors fast during the day). We don't have a set bed time for Friday nights, the kids go to bed or drops sleeping somewhere when they are ready. Usually it happens to be the balcony or the living room.

Erika Minich said...

I love the sleep overs.

:)De said...

My mom will come over for the weekend and usually the kids do a sleep over with her in my bedroom, watching some musical (she loves 7Brides for 7 Brother, the kids love Sound of Music) while I sleep out in the living room and watch all the stuff that I DVD'rd for the week. They love time with Nana as she feeds them snacks that Mommy does not usually allow during the week.

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin