His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Arthrogryposis

Arthrogryposis is a very rare condition, yet, today, I have read about a baby being born to a precious family, and she has Arthrogryposis, and two other families are adopting little ones who have Arthrogryposis.

It is unusual to see people who have Arthrogryposis. Even when going to the hospital, you don't always see it.

I am so encouraged that these families, each and every one of them are lovingly welcoming their children into their families, with all the love and tender care that all children deserve.

And for anybody who thinks Arthrogryposis limits: Well, it does.... but not totally. Erika's arms are effected and her hands are effected to a degree, but she is very good at knitting.


And though she can't bend her legs, she can use the knee board behind that boat just as great as anybody else! (better than mom) :)


But one of the best things about my Erika, is she LOVES HER MAMA! And I love her too!
I love them all. :)

"My Little Women" :)

4 comments:

Hevel said...

Your Erika is such an inspiration. :)

Erika Minich said...

I agree I do do better than you on the knee board. Yes I do love you.

Mike and Christie said...

Pride cometh before a fall dear one.

Annie said...

Erika - you are also a spectacular knitter!! That is gorgeous!

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin