His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Thursday, August 19, 2010

Are You Ready to Die?

Not the typical topic of early morning breakfast, but this is the question Sarah posed to me this morning.

I asked her, "Are you just asking to ask? Or do you want my more "philosophical" answer?
She said the "philosophical" one....

So, Here is what I told her. It is honest.

I am not afraid to go to be with the Lord. In fact, I look forward to it! I know that I will be with Him forever, and I know that it will be great. However, it is that getting from Point A to Point B part that makes my stomach quiver abit.
Have you ever woken up in the middle of the night because of a "sinking" in your sleep? It is a scary feeling. Thinking about a plane crashing and all the folks perishing in an instant, I don't think if I were going down in a plane I would be "fear free".....
even if I knew intellectually I would be obliterated in an instant.... that instant must be sorta painful. And what about the "Mac Truck" that could take you out on the highway? Sorta scary and painful to think about....

So on the one hand, yes, I am ready, not because I am perfect and do all things right, but because of what Jesus did for me. I am ready.....
But I am not ready, when it comes to getting from point A to Point B....

"Do you get the point?"
Sarah's response.....
I was just askin'.... and then she finished her breakfast. :)

3 comments:

:)De said...

Ha ha ha... she is so cute and funny!

Hevel said...

This was a very honest answer. :)

Erika Minich said...

LOL.

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin