His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Friday, August 13, 2010

Week 1 of School DONE!

YEA! I love starting on Wednesday each year. That way, the week doesn't seem so LONG when we are used to playing. :)

We really had a great week. The girlies followed their schedules and really enjoyed each subject.

We are doing long term "delight directed" projects for the semester.
The girls could choose what ever they wanted. They will be required to write a 7 page
paper, with bibliography, art work, cover page, and a hands on project.
It is due the week before Christmas Break.

Sooo, what did they choose??

Erika- The History of Guitars
Anna- The History of Cats
Sarah- The History of Horses

This should be interesting. :)

6 comments:

Naty said...

I just read some of your blog.You have a very beautiful family.I enjoyed reading about you all.

Christine said...

Cool. WE started school too.

Mike and Christie said...

Thanks Naty. You have an AMAZING family too! I just love your mama.
We have never met in person, but certainly in our hearts. :)

Erika Minich said...

School was great I loved it.

:)De said...

I can't wait to hear excepts from those research projects.

:)De said...

oops...excerpts

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin