His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Thursday, August 5, 2010

The HomeSchool Countdown!

School Starts in 6 days! YEA!
We have decided to leave things as they are. The girlies didn't want to be in a school room all day, and Daddy concurred. So the next few days will be spent getting our "School AREA" ready. It is amazing how a lazy 6 weeks can turn into something like this!


I've gotta find room for all sorts of books and reference materials AND make it look neat. So, I guess my next few days will be a lot of reshuffling to different bookshelves around the house.

I LOVE books. I love hardbacks. I love the smell of them when we open them and the sound of the pages when you turn them. I don't think I could ever be an e-book person
as I need tangible touch to help me read. :)

I am really excited about this school year. I plan to introduce formal tests for history and science. Now that we are in 6th grade, it is time to get them ready for a more college prep type schedule.

Instead of notebooks to keep everything in, we are switching to a computerized schedule.
I will give them the assignments for the week, and then they will mark them off as done, and turn in all assignments in a folder with the schedule stapled to the folder.

This should be interesting. :)

We will also be starting a research paper for each semester. I will assign it the first week of school and they will be due before Christmas break. It will require writing and a project of choice.

It has been a really fun summer, and now, we are ready for a really fun school year!

No eye rolling allowed. (Erika is looking over my shoulder) LOL

2 comments:

Katie said...

I love your new way of school this year! It sounds like it will get some taking used to with the Girlies but I think they'll do great! Happy New School Year(:

Hevel said...

Woohoo, yay for school! My kids start back on September 1.

When you mean a research paper, will you assign something that ties together more than one subject (like History, Geography, Music, Art/Art History, R.E. etc), or will it be subject specific?

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin