His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Sunday, August 29, 2010

Can You Stand Another Snake Story?


Yep, another snake eating our delicious eggs! This one was about 3 and a half feet long.
He had 2 egg lumps in him. I didn't want to kill him, so we decided to be nice and set him free at the field by our church.

Catching him was interesting. Chicken snakes can be rather aggressive. He proved himself to be all "chicken snake". I was going to rake him into our little container, but he was not about to go willingly. He snapped at me and tried to get away. I stepped on his tail to keep him from getting away and he snapped back again. It was quite exciting!

After getting him into the container, the lid wouldn't go on. That had my adrenaline going like you wouldn't believe. Mad snake in container, without lid = bitten mama.

I didn't get bitten. I got the lid on FAST!

We took him to church and let him go in the corn field. He slithered away like a good little snake. WAY COOL!!!!

Now, Erika took pictures for posterity, but somehow, I can't find the snake in her video. He was there! I promise! :)

5 comments:

Mike and Christie said...

If you go to 21 seconds and then pause, and play and pause, you can see him for a minute. Erika lost her place on him and he went one way and her camera went another way. Oh well. I could say, "next time", but I hope there ISN'T a Next time!

:)De said...

I saw him! Glad you caught him and showed mercy... I don't have many snake friends. LOL!

Hevel said...

The joys of country living. At least these aren't rattle snakes like the ones that invaded our street once in Cali.

Chiara Elena said...

why don't you start to save them in your freezer and get a beautiful set of suitcases by the end of this year?

JJ said...

I didn't even read this post, lol. BLEEEEEEEH!

...but I did want to thank you for not posting a picture. :)

At least the video is optional.

(I'll pass.)
JJ

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin