His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Saturday, August 14, 2010

A New Mattress



We have needed to put a new mattress on the bottom bunk bed for a long time! When the girlies were younger, they stepped on the old one to climb up top and it had broken down over time. This new one is much nicer and I'm sure it will be more comfy!

It is the mattress from Anna's room. We will be putting up the Iron Bed, which is a twin bed in Anna's room.

The Iron bed has a long history. When we moved into our house, it was outside buried in the dirt with bricks built up around it. Somebody used it for a "Flower Bed". I dug it up, cleaned it up and had it painted white for Anna. Then, when Sarah came, we switched to a double bed and sent the Iron bed to Katie. They just moved to NM, so now we have the frame again. So, it has worked it's way back to Anna. :)

I am SURE however, it will never work it's way back to being a "flower bed". :)

4 comments:

THE OLD GEEZER said...

It sounds like the old bed has quite a history. I hope you get a few more good years out of it.

I want to thank you for you recent comment on my blog. Your comments are always welcome.

God bless you and your family

~Ron

Mike and Christie said...

Thanks Mr. Ron.

I'll post some pictures of it, when we get it set up.

Annie said...

Yes; I want to see the "iron bed"; we have a few old beds and I love them. My favorite is a "hired man's bed" tt has been in our bedroom forever - first for Lydia, then Anastasia, now Zhen sleeps in it. I wish I had a lot of them! They are plenty big for comfort; the kids like them because they are just like the beds in Russia, and they work so much better in the small bedrooms we have.

Erika Minich said...

I love the mattress, I loved when I slept on it when I had my own room.Its awesome.

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin