His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Tuesday, December 2, 2008

The Truth Is: We're ALL Naughty

The girlies love to go on the Santa's Village Website and goof around. Now, they know that Santa is not real, but fiction, and just for fun. They do understand the true meaning of this holiday but as kids will do, they get caught up in the fun too. I do too. :) (note the santa tracker) LOL

But something struck me tonight that was very significant and it was also a great lead in for our Family Worship time.

Our Anna had written a letter to Santa on the website. The website asked her to check a box and say if she had been naughty or nice. Then, she could write a letter.
She checked Naughty.

She then went on to write: "I'd really like a green bike and for my sisters to have a doll, but since I've been naughty, you can cancel me from your list, but be sure to send my sister a doll as she just got a cast off of her leg."

My heart sank at first. I was saddened that my Anna thought she was naughty. I asked her about it and she said, "Well, mom, Honestly, I have been naughty sometimes this year."

I pondered that and thought, well, that is true. :) You see, she is not perfect.
The truth is, ALL of us would have to check Naughty. Because NONE of us are perfect.

As we began Family worship, we started to talk about "Naughty and Nice".....
Can we EARN favor with God by being Nice? Is Nice good enough? And then we talked about Sin and how there is NOTHING we can do to be nice enough, on our own, to earn Favor with God.
As our time unfolded, it became very clear that because of our Sin nature, we are naturally "naughty"; it is only in Christ that true "niceness" exists. Not the fake niceness, but genuine, permanent, heart changing.... LIFE CHANGING, SALVATION exists only in Christ, and it is based upon HIS GIFT to US. We can do nothing to earn it or deserve it.

What a contrast there is between Santa and Jesus Christ our Savior.....

The World says, "earn"
Jesus Says "repent"
The World says, "be nice"
Jesus says, "Be Holy"
Be Made WHOLE!

Oh I am so glad that I have salvation and not a lump of coal in my stocking.

We ALL deserve that lump of coal.
But Christ...... HE IS OUR DELIVERER and he delivers GRACE, UNMERITED FAVOR, UNDESERVED,UNEARNED and ETERNAL LIFE....

WHAT A GIFT! :)

No comments:

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin