His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

So What Are Your New Year's Traditions?

When the boys were little, we spent time with some friends who were WAY FUN. We were sad when they moved away. One of the things we did together, was to fill up a room with balloons, like over a hundred. We would stick candy and gum in the balloons before blowing them up all the way and money in others. Then, at midnight, we threw a roll of quarters, dimes and nickels into the balloon room and sent all the kids in there for a "balloon fest". What they got was theirs to keep! It was REALLY FUN!

We haven't done the balloon thing with the girlies, but it did cross my mind this year.
Instead, we are going to do "The Minister's Cat". At about 10:00, you sit in a circle and a person starts "The Minister's Cat was a...." and then you start with an A adjective to describe the minister's cat. When everybody has exhausted the A, you go on to B, then C.... until you get through the alphabet or midnight comes. :) It really is a fun game and the adjectives the kids come up with are pretty funny.

"The Minister's Cat was an Angelic Cat" "The Minister's Cat was an Angry Cat" etc.

The girls have been practicing, so I'm curious about tonight to see what they come up with.

1 comment:

Mike and Christie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin