His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Monday, December 8, 2008

Last Night

I wish I had a picture of last night, but I don't. It was time for the girlies to go to bed, and time for me to get to bed a little earlier than usual, as I was dog tired.

I layed down on my bed, and the next thing I knew, there was Sarah next to me, asking, "Mama, are you lonely in here by yourself?" No. I'm not lonely dear. "May I lay here next to you for a minute?" Yes dear. "May I rub your sore foot?"

ARE YOU KIDDING? You bet you can!!! :)

So she was massaging my sore foot, and then Anna peered around the corner. May I come in? Yes dear. Can I lay next to you for a minute? Yes dear. So she was holding my hand and laying next to me. "Is you wrist still sore mama?" Yes it is. "Can I massage it for you?"

ARE YOU KIDDING? OF COURSE YOU CAN! :)

Well, a few minutes went by and Erika heard something going on in the room. And, she appeared from around the corner.....

COME ON IN ERIKA! :) She layed on the bed and we all giggled and chatted and they asked questions about life and what I was like when I was a young girl.

"Did you ever kiss a boy?" uhhh. yes. BUT..... that doesn't mean YOU should.
Just because mommy was foolish doesn't mean you should be!

So I went on to talk to them about the curiosities of life as a younger person, and how trusting the Lord in important decisions like boys and marriage etc. is so vitally important.

"Did you kiss daddy before you married him? Oh tell us, do tell us!" (Loads of giggles as I tell our love story. :) )

These moments of flexibility can be so very meaningful and they are such wonderful opportunities to share real life with our children in a way they can relate to.
AND, we had fun. The whole time Daddy was in the other room reading and enjoying a quiet time.
I'm beginning to see an eternal purpose in arthritic joints. God uses even the simple pains in our lives to bring about His purposes. So this time, the girlies massaged my aching joints and I talked about life. We ALL benefitted. :)

When Daddy came in, it was time for all to retreat back to their beds and snuggle in for the night, and they went right to sleep.

Good night Little Women.... :)

1 comment:

Christine said...

What a precious story!

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin