His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Tuesday, December 23, 2008

God's Will Is NEVER Second Best

I was talking with a most very favorite person the other night about children and adoption and babies and all sorts of fun things. I was telling her about my children; all 7 of them. We talked about how fun babies are, and how funny Mr. Will is and how much like Joseph Sam is.

And then we were talking about when our lives take a different direction. A direction that is way more different from what we ever expected.

I remember being idealistic and young and how I knew absoloutly everything about life when I was 18. :) (NOT) I had no idea what would unfold in my life. If I had known, I most likely would have never stepped into the water of life, but hid out somewhere safe, and thus, would have never really lived.

Life is full of choices, it is full of pain, joy, and everything in between. The great thing about serving our Heavenly Father is that we are always living our life BEST.
It isn't second best, even when bad things happen, and circumstances are brought into our lives that we do not comprehend as being possibly good for us, our life isn't second best.

How in the WORLD can it be good to suffer? How can it be good to have pain? How can it be good to watch your premature baby day after day struggle to breathe and be told he will die?

I honestly don't have all the answers, and unlike when I was 18, I don't know everything.

But there is one thing I do know. When I am centered in God's will, when I am focused on serving Him, I know that He only wants what is best for us. I am most happy and satisfied in my life, when my desire is to bring Glory to HIM. My son has cerebral palsy. My daughter had her feet amputated and has arthrogryposis, my other daughter has restrictive band syndrome and a missing leg and fingers. We have had our share of tragedy and triumph, all 7 of my children have been affected by abandonment, adoption, rejection and acceptance. My children have come to us in various states of gestation and age. But they are all gifts from God. Each and every one of them are perfect just as God sent them to us. They are not second best. They are best. All 7 of them, each in their own way, with their own strengths and weaknesses.

So, back to my conversation with one of my most favorite people..
...

She has some decisions to make and is at a crossroads in her life. Her desires are good, but may not be what is in store for her. As she looks to the Lord for guidance, I pray that she will see that God does not choose second best for us. He chooses to bless each of us differently in order to refine us into pure gold.
That refiners fire may mold, shape and break us in ways we do not expect, but when we come out on the other end, we will shine. We will be greatful and we will see that our life truly was BEST.

1 comment:

Lorraine said...

I don't know your friend, but I will be praying. I so know how hard it is sometimes to have to make those hard choices in life. I also agree, I never would have done some of the things in my life had I known ahead of time, but I would have missed out on so many blessings! When I first got into adopting, I was sure I could not handle RAD, so of course that's what I got, not the first time, when I was ready, but when I was, and God knew I was (I still wonder sometimes) and I am glad He did. The blessings I am getting are worth all the hard times. When my first son was born I remember counting the fingers and toes, and now I know fingers and toes are over rated! YOu don't need ten of each! If we follow God he does get us through.

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin