His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Monday, December 29, 2008

Gettin' Ready For The New Year!

The Countdown has begun..... 3,2,1, NEW YEAR 2009!!!!!

I can't believe it is almost 2009! Where did 2008 go? For that matter where did 2000-2008 go? I'm still remembering Y2K!
ALOT has happened since then.....

In Y2K, I had one graduate living on his own. 2 seniors in high school and 1 junior in high school. I had no hopes of ever having a girl in our home besides me, even the dog was a boy! We purchased a bunny, named her CLEO and she turned out to be a boy and had to be renamed CLEVON..... I was alone! I loved raising boys and never even thought about girls.

8 years later...... We are a house of girls and now MIKE is the one who is on his own...he is the lone male of the house; but we all adore him. That means he gets LOADS of hugs and attention. :)

I have so many loose ends to finish before the new year begins and so many "New Year's Resolutions" that were never met. However, It is NOT too late! I can add them to this year's New Year's Resolutions!

So what are your resolutions this year?
I like resolutions because they help us to set goals, even if we don't meet the goals. If there is no goal to meet, we definitely won't strive to meet it...... :)

This year, my ULTIMATE earthly goal will be to keep up with my personal filing....
My personal spiritual goal will be to spend more time studying my bible and praying.
My mothering goal will be to begin to teach the girlies to cook and sew.
My schooling goals will be to get them to SPELL with accuracy.....
I also plan to kiss my husband more and see my grandkids more.

I have loads of resolutions but..... I'd like to know yours. :)

7 comments:

Kylie said...

Think since the new year si coming, ill be graduating in 6 months! Then you will rarely get to see me...sad!

The Noelles said...

Happy new year.

Anna

Mike and Christie said...

Well Kylie,
You'll just have to mosie on over here and visit! :)

bandgeek said...

Pass all my classes and pass 7th grade and move on to 8th in august

Kylie said...

haha well you will for sure be getting a graduation announcement, so idf you want youll have to take a trip to see me!

Hilary said...

Learn French...that just about covers it!!!

Lorraine said...

I want to get healthier, help Paulina catch up academically and spend more time in my Bible and help Marceli keep healing. Oh and to make sure I see Kylie!

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin