His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Thursday, December 18, 2008

Still No Legs.......

We had our appointment for a final fitting today for Erika, and it failed to produce what we had hoped for. What they have decided to do for now, is to make a pair of legs like her first set, that have a window that locks on. That way, she can get back to walking, and they can continue to experiment with the newer legs and try to get them to work for her.

The problem is, that she has a very tiny calf, and a larger end at the ankle where the amputation took place. It is a problem, but not one that can't be solved. She has grown a lot and that is part of the problem. So in 3 weeks, she will wear her new temporary pair of legs home.

Sarah was fitted again today, and in 3 weeks she will be fitted and aligned and then most likely have her new leg in 4 weeks time.

YEA! This has been a very long ordeal, but we are thankful. The Lord uses these things in our lives to teach us patience and make us thankful for what we do have.

No comments:

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin