His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Borscht for Oatmeal

Sarah and I came to an agreement. If she ate her oatmeal, we would make Borscht for lunch. She did, and we did.


Grating Beets


Sauteing Cabbage


More Grating Beets

Enjoying the Finished Product

4 comments:

Lorraine said...

Hey, can you give me your recipe? Marceli loves Borscht. I got him some from a mail order place once, but it was expensive.

Mike and Christie said...

Oh sure! It is very easy to make.

4 TLB olive oil, and about 2 cups shredded cabbage (we used green and red)
2 medium beets shredded (I use peel and all)

Saute' in olive oil. Add 1/2 tsp garlic or to taste.

After Sauteing beets and cabbage

Add 1 liter of chicken broth or beef broth, and another 2 cups of water. Or just all broth.

2 bay leaves
Salt and pepper. (to taste)

Bring to a boil and and simmer until beets and cabbage are tender.
You can add beef if you like, but Sarah doesn't like the meat added.

Remove bay leaves

Place one dollop of sour cream in a bowl and spoon soup over it...
stir and enjoy.

Julia said...

you have nice blog. from rachel

Mike and Christie said...

Thank you Rachael :)

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin