His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

My Special Anna Time


Every month I spend one on one time with each of the girlies. It is New Year's Eve, the LAST possible day to spend time with Anna. The other girl's already had their time.
So she and I set out to Walmart to use her gift card. She was so joyful, she grabbed my hand and didn't let go nearly the whole time we were in Walmart and she TALKED, and TALKED.... she had this big smile on her face and was so proud picking out her things.

It is fun spending one on one time with the girls. Their little personalities just come out and the dynamic is so different when they are alone vs. when they are all together.
She didn't need to compete to talk, and that is probably good, because she had so much to say, I don't think her sisters would have been able to squeeze a word in. :)

After getting our Walmart Shopping done, we went to get goat feed and then stopped at Wendy's so she could get some lunch. She got a new favorite purse from Gramma this year and when we left Wendy's, she forgot it.

When we got home, she was looking everywhere for it, so we went back and luckily somebody had turned it in.

What I did notice, was when it came time to ask the clerk if they had found her purse, she was really shy and afraid to ask. She wanted me to ask. I remember working on these skills with the boys long ago. Anna reminds me so much of Chuck when he was her age. It took alot to learn to buy things and speak clearly etc. She did wonderful though and as she gets more experience, she'll do even better.

We had a really sweet enjoyable afternoon together.

Anna purchased a "Paint by the Number" set, and a "Pottery Wheel" to make clay pottery. She has already tried it out and she and Sarah had a good time trying to make a cup. LOL

Anna finally came in and announced, "I made a great CAVE!" LOL

1 comment:

Muddled Muse said...

Before I got my driver's license, my time with mom was our weekly drive to my piano lessons. Good times...

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin