His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Saturday, December 6, 2008

A Christmas Craft ANYBODY Can Do

Here is a really fun craft that is EASY, NON MESSY and the kids get near instant gratification for trying it!

Christmas Balls

Styrofoam Balls (any size but not too small)
popsicle sticks
any scrap material, not too heavy (prefer calico type)
scissors
christmas hooks

That is ALL!

You take the material and cut it into small pieces, no particular shape
but not too tiny. Place the material on the ball and press in the edges with
the popsicle stick. Not too hard, or it could crack the ball in half.
(show little boys how)

Pick different materials, or all the same.
When you cover the ball with material pressed in well,
find a place to press in your hook.

If you prefer a ribbon, just use hot glue to glue it into a crack somewhere on the ball.

Here are some pictures of Erika making balls:

Here she is being her pretty little self. :)


Making an ornament



This is one I did about 12 years ago and it is still around!

1 comment:

Melissa E. said...

I remember making some of those MORE than 12 years ago and I think they still hang on my mother's tree! They are easy. Thanks for the reminder.

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin