His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Yesterday

I wish I had some photos of yesterday. I might possibly be able to get some to post later from some friends.
We had 2 major events.  Bright Lights group met at a friends house. There were 24 girls between 7 and 16, and about 8 moms.  It was a wonderful time of singing and sharing, crafts and a lesson on what the "Fear of the Lord" is.   Proverbs says, "The Fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom."
The girls were singing wonderful songs and I thought to myself, they would do a great job visiting Miss Joy at the Nursing home to sing for her and her friends. :)
I might mention that to Grace, the young lady who leads the group. :)

We rushed home to finish our day,  get Daddy some dinner, make a Waldorf Salad and then head to one of my friend's birthday parties.  She requested several friends and daughters meet at her house to celebrate by having a nice light meal.  We all contributed to the meal with  strawberry banana crepes, Waldorf Salad, cheese and crackers, key lime pie, chocolate cake, and quinoa bread pudding.  Everything was delicious!
We all visited together.... 16 of us!   And then headed upstairs to watch the movie, "Pursuasion".  Oh the giggles coming from 11 girls and 5 women.  We had a blast! 

After the movie, the girls all joined in a group game.  I am not sure what it was.... but they sure did have fun!  I was watching each of them just beaming, laughing, giggling, and enjoying being with each other.....dear friends, and I felt so blessed to be a part of the moment. :)

My girls are growing up.... in less than a month all 4 of them will be teenagers.  I caught a glimpse of each of them last night as young ladies, with bright futures and I praise the Lord for His Mercy and Grace in each of our lives.

What an honor to raise such lovely "Little Women".  :)

1 comment:

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin