His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Saturday, January 26, 2013

Quotes from Christie

I am going to be speaking next month in Houston at the "Together For Them Conference"
My talk will be on what I write about:  DARE TO DISCIPLE
                                  Discipline Through Discipleship

I woke up with all of these things on my mind. It was a busy little bee and I couldn't sleep. :)
So I decided to regurgitate it onto the blog.  This is some what is on my heart to share at the conference.   These are my personal quotes.

"External Control does NOT lead to inner healing.  But discipleship leads not only to inner healing, but to external Self control!"

"If your child is pushing your buttons..... Stop having buttons."

"How can we expect our children not to have tantrums, when WE do?"

"Gain energy through LOVE not Anger!"

"Don't gear up for battle!  Gear Up for Relationship!"

"If you think Therapeutic Parenting is Hard..... Try parenting the old way;  Then you'll remember
how much EASIER it is !"

"Selfishness leads to Disaster!"

"Don't be lazy in your parenting and expect your children to do all the hard work!"

"Don't expect your children to change and allow yourself to remain broken!"

"A good look in the mirror will remind us that we are all in need of God's Mercy and Grace in our lives!"

"Be the extended hand of  MERCY and GRACE to your children!"

"Want to get mad about something?  Get mad your sin!"

"Do you struggle with loving your child?  Find something to love in them.  It could be as simple as their laugh, and then focus on loving that laugh. Then find another thing; their imagination or a kindness they have given.... love that, and before you know it.... you will be on the way to loving your whole child, and your child will be on the road to becoming whole. "

"If your children do not understand empathy, teach them by your example."

"If it doesn't come Naturally, Teach it Manually!"

"It's not personal! It's Trauma!"

"Why do we want Mercy and Grace for ourselves, but LAW for our Children?"

"BE the FLASHLIGHT that LIGHTS the PATH for your child!"

"Expecting a Traumatized Child to understand family structure, is like putting him in a dark room full of furniture and expecting him to not run into anything; and then getting angry when he does!
TURN on the LIGHT!"

"Give your Child a Tool Box.... and while your at it, give yourself one too! :)"

"Be the open book of love that your children will want to read!"

"Speak LOVE into your children!"


to be continued.....
Time to rest a few more minutes. :)






1 comment:

mamaporuski said...

I like the "Don't expect your child to change and allow yourself to remain broken"! Christ's goal is to always make us more Christlike and to glorify him. We can stay the way we are to get there!
My personal prayer has always been "If you can't change the situation, then please, change ME!"

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin