His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Thursday, January 10, 2013

Money Matters

The girls and I have been going through the "Money Matters" workbook this last semester.  We do it 2 days a week on Tuesdays and Thursdays.  When we started it, they really weren't too interested, but over the semester, it has become one of their favorites.

The use and purpose for money, responsibility with money, how to save, how to earn money etc. have all been covered. 
Today we read all about charitable giving and why we should give, including HOW to pick who to give to  and how to research how much goes to the purpose of the charity. 

Each of the girls has been able to learn how to save both in long term savings and short term "goal saving." 
Tonight, that short term saving payed off as 2 of them were able to purchase something they have been saving for.
And icing on the cake for me was when Miss Alli came up and gave me a big hug.  "Thank you mama for teaching me how to save!  Now I don't spend all my money on gum and candy!"
"When I see it, I just cross my arms and pass it by!" 
That was so good to hear! :)

No comments:

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin