His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Saturday, January 19, 2013

A BUSY DAY!

We had an amazingly busy day!  It started with needing to be at Texas Scottish Rite Hospital, because Erika has been chosen to be one of 14 teenagers going on the "Amputee Ski Trip" to Colorado!
It is such an honor to go! We are SO THANKFUL!  And she is EXCITED!

The meeting today was to fill out paperwork and to try on ski clothes.  Doctors, prosthetists and nurses will be going as chaperones, and I am excited for this opportunity for Erika. :)
You have to be 14 years old to attend. 

Mike had to rush to our rent house to fix a stopped up sink, and took Alli and Sarah with him.
Anna went to a friend's house and participated in helping set up for a funeral.  "
Our sweet friend Miss Bonnie died on Thursday night.  Her service was today.  Unfortunately, Mike and the littles didn't get to go to the funeral. :(

Erika and I left the hospital,  took our friends who flew in for the meeting back to the airport, and  then rushed to the funeral. We were a little late, but not too late.
Our friend Miss Bonnie, was such a sweet heart and dear to our girls.
Anna had a chance to speak about how Miss Bonnie impacted her life.  I didn't get to hear her speak, but several people said it was precious.  

Miss Bonnie died of cancer.  It was a bit of a surprise for all of us. She had been having stomach pain for the last year and had gone to numerous doctors, but none of them could figure it out.   On Tuesday, she was rushed to the hospital with low blood pressure and they finally did a test that found advanced cancer. :(  I was able to see her on Wednesday and her usual sense of humor  took over.  She was ready to meet the Lord and I am proud to have been her friend. :)  She was full of love!
She LOVED our girls.

After the funeral, I went to pick up Alli and Sarah from the rent house, and took them to get an ice cream, and then to the thrift store. 
SCORE!  We found a treasure trove of wonderfulness. :)

Everybody was finally together by 7:30 tonight.  

Exhausted, but a good day.


2 comments:

Hevel Cohen said...

I'm so sorry for your loss.

Christie Minich said...

Thank you Hevel.
We all loved Miss Bonnie.
She was a dear, dear lady.

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin