His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Saturday, January 26, 2013

Back In The Saddle

 If you have been following our blog for the last 22 plus months, you will know that Miss Alli was in 2 other homes, after coming home from Russia, before she came to us.

The last home she was in had horses and mules that she was allowed to ride.  When she was first home, she was very disappointed that she had to leave her horse Rosey, her riding clothes, boots and everything behind.   It was hard for her.

We thought about taking her to the nearest horse stable, but after learning more about her, we decided that could have probably been the worst thing we could have done. 
She needed to get to know us, and us her. And we needed to become a family.

I started looking for a place for her to ride last year and found a place about 10 minutes from our home!  She hadn't asked about horses in a long time, so I figured THAT was the best time to surprise her.
She was THRILLED!
She can go on a 1 hour trail ride for 25 dollars.  She just has to let them know ahead of time that she is coming. :)

1 comment:

Hevel Cohen said...

Yay for Alli! I think you are awesome parents. :) I probably would have made the mistake of keeping her around horses.

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin