His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

What Ever My God Ordains is Right

This is one of my favorite songs right now...... "What Ever My God Ordains Is Right"
When combined with Romans 8:28 - "And we know that for those who love God, All THINGS work together for good, for those who are called according to HIS purpose."  I can rest in my Lord and know that I am in GOOD hands. HIS hands.

Today was a really hard day for me. It had nothing to do with the girls. They have been AWESOME all day long.... In FACT, the Lord used each of them to minister to my heart today.  They were so loving and kind today.
It seems silly to whine..... but I am going to whine just a little.....
We had tried to sell our old house more than once, and nothing has happened, so I got the bright idea to refinance it.  Everything was looking great and we were set to close on August 5th, and then the deal came to a SCREECHING halt.
I got a call today that because of the type of loan we have on that house, it cannot be refinanced unless it is our PRIMARY residence.  It isn't.
So, just at the point I thought a payment would be cut in 1/2, it is remaining the same. :(

And then, I lifted a bag of dog food yesterday.... not too large of one, just 15 lbs.... but the angle I used to put it in the basket sort of hurt. And now, my arm is hurting, especially around my elbow and forearm... and my skin feels rather burny...... (is that a word?)  and my shoulder is hurting and it is HAUNTINGLY similar to what happened to me 2 years ago when I got a frozen shoulder. It took a YEAR plus to get over that, (I'm at 90 % now) and the pain was unbearable for almost 6 months......because of a brain/nerve problem..... Do you hear my fear talking?  Yes.... I am actually afraid....because it was so bad last time.

So, right now I'm doing all I can to prevent a repeat. :( AND, I'm trying to rest in the Lord, knowing that HE knows all that I have to do around here; all the responsibilities, all the work..... and that I NEED my left hand. I'm left handed!

The good news I found out about the refinance thing is:  They are going to save all our paperwork, and tomorrow, we can start a refinance on THIS house, and knock the payment down.... Our plan will be to take the extra money to pay off the other one as fast as possible, and we are planning to rent it out too.
If this economy ever recovers, we might be able to sell it eventually!

I am THANKFUL that we are in a position to even have a home. I have been in situations where I didn't even have money for rent or food, so I know that we are not there and I am TRULY thankful.

The Lord must be teaching me to LOVE paperwork.... it is one of my nightmares, yet it seems I have not been able to escape it for the last 8 years.   It seems that my WEAKEST area on the planet, is paperwork and organizing paperwork, yet it is a major part of my days.  And Mike has me doing the same thing in the office, as much as I can....

WHAAAAAA!!!!! Ok... Pity party over.....
But I have to say, when I took those vocational tests in High school...... I scored 99% in ENGINEERING and 5% YES FIVE PERCENT in secretarial skills.......
I am truly being stretched.

4 comments:

:)De said...

I have a really bad knee that can be very unstable if I am not carefull so I find my self "babying" it for fear of tweaking it wrong. I understand the fear because of all that is rolled into it; staying well so that we can maintaining and keeping the household running. I will pray specifically for a release of pain in your elbow and forearm.

Mike and Christie said...

Thanks De.... :)

scarlet reynolds said...

I was browsing the internet for web sites related to mortgage brokers Perth and I came across yours. On the other hand, great content! This will aid some people find out about this matter.

Katie - a Blessed Mommy! said...

Hi Christie-
I loathe paperwork too- have spent all week organizing our financial and medical files. Ugh! Hadn't thought of it as a teaching/growing opportunity for me- I really hope I don't have to keep learning it. Not my strong suit- would far rather clean toilets or sit outside in million degree heat and weed... Or anything but paperwork!

Thank you for your comment on my blog. I was at tsrhc when I saw it and exclaimed to Brenda how much I love you and appreciate your wisdom! I had begun to doubt myself but your confident words and shared experiences helped me and affirmed me. Thank you!!

(& the last little paragraph on leprosy made me crack up- I had the same thought initially.)

Hi to the girls!

Hi to the girls!

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin