His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Thursday, July 14, 2011

One Of Those Wonderful Days

Today was just such a wonderful day.  We started out with Vacation Bible School. Erika, Anna and Sarah are all helpers this year, and Miss Alli, was in the 9-11 group.  Erika is a helper for her group, and she was very glad to have a sister with her.

Alli made a FRIEND! She was sitting and chatting with her, and they gave each other a hug before we left. Yea Alli!

After VBS, we headed to visit Mr. Charlie for his second birthday. He is SO cute. I just love that little guy.
On the way there, we had a VERY interesting talk in the van.... it was about babies and marriage.
Most of the girls do NOT want to have a baby because it will hurt A LOT. 

Sarah said, "I'm not going to marry, because if you sleep with your husband, you'll get pregnant!
Alli corrected her, "No, you have to do something else, not just sleep!"
Sarah said, NO! You just have to sleep!  LOL

Mommy interrupted and said, NO, you have to have sex. Yep, the S word. :)
There were giggles.... and then Anna piped up..... "Well, if you don't want to marry, and you don't want to have babies, but you want children; you can't argue with one that is already here!" LOL
So now, everybody plans to adopt.... and since you can SLEEP with your husband and NOT get pregnant, well, that is just a bonus. LOL

I have to say, I am much bolder with the girls than I was with the boys about this topic.  Somehow I got stuck on plants and fertilizer with the first group, and didn't explain things very well.   Looks of confusion abounded.  

Oh my.....

And then tonight..... Alli came and got in my lap in the rocker. She was in a very contented mood. She said, "Mama, I'm so glad all my paper work is done.... I'm so glad it is final. I was always worried I was going to have to go back, and now I know I won't have to.  I get to stay forever.  I trust you mama."

Her words sure did bring joy to my heart. :)  It was like fresh water flowing....... 

6 comments:

:)De said...

I am so happy for her.

Ivy said...

well..... Marcus has gots it together now! rawr!!! ;-)

Mike and Christie said...

LOL Ivy.
You two make beautiful babies. :)

KC said...

Sounds like a darn good day. Great to hear.

Annie said...

That last part is so dear.

HOW I wish my little girl had not had her innocence taken from her. Your girls' dear conversation is far better than the things Nastia is beginning to remember - her mommy letting "old men" kiss her, and worse.

Mike and Christie said...

(((Oh Annie))),
I can't think of anything more evil than giving your daughter to men for their evil. Innocence stolen in that way is so incidious. Childhood stolen....Makes me so mad.

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin