His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Saturday, July 30, 2011

The Captain in His Ship

This has been a rather sad summer for Mike. He LOVES his boat,  skiing and dragging the girls across the lake. At the end of summer last year, the transom (back of the boat) started taking in water.  During his spare time, over the winter, he took the entire back of the boat off and rebuilt it.  It was a HUGE job. Then, the unthinkable happened. When he removed the motor and sat it aside, he forgot about it, and didn't winterize it.  The block cracked.... so he had to completely redo the motor too.  Poor guy.....

Sooooo after a LONG repair, and more frustrations than can be spoken...... I heard the motor running once again! He finished the transom about a month ago and the motor went in this week...... 

He threw in some new seats for fun...... and I suspect, we will be on the lake before Summer is over. :)
Good thing, it is predicted to be 107 and 108 next week!

So here is the Captian in his ship, and a few excited onlookers!



2 comments:

Mary Grace Biggs said...

Almost brand new that ship is!

Annie said...

Oh, that is going to be so much fun!

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin