His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Saturday, July 23, 2011

A Passage

Anna and Sarah are both 12.  They decided that it was time to have their ears pierced.  They had mentioned it before, and played around with clip on earrings for a long time.... but today was the day.
After daddy made sure they understood that true beauty comes from inside, and while there is nothing wrong with wanting to wear earrings or look pretty; it is WAY more important that your hearts are pretty.

And then:  They went and had it done!  They did rock, paper, scissors to see who the first victim would be:
Sarah went first. :)
and then Anna:

I think they are both lovely inside and out! :)

3 comments:

Holly said...

They're braver than I am! I didn't have mine pierced until I was 15 because the thought of someone poking a hole in my ear freaked me out! LOL.

Mary Grace Biggs said...

ANNA got her ears pearced! I still cant believe she got her ears pearced!

Muddled Muse said...

Ha Ha! We waited until we were 12 to have our ears pierced. But mom didn't trust the equipment at the store, and she sat us down at the kitchen table and stuck a needle through our ear lobes. I really have no idea how mom managed to pierce 4 ears in one night.

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin