His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Saturday, July 30, 2011

Saturday

Today has been relaxed yet busy. It was a good sort of busy.  I broke down and got rid of some old clothes that I KNOW is will never fit in wear anymore.  Awww that felt SO GOOD to not have to stare at my closet... now I know exactly What I can wear and Where it is located!
I also got rid of some books to make room for other books. I hate getting rid of books, but there comes a point where there just isn't any room.  Sometimes I dream of empty book shelves and a simple "Kindle" sitting on the shelf next to a potted plant...... but that would just be too boring.  I REALLY love having my books around. They are like old friends. You love to see them, even if you don't pay that much attention to them every day.

The girlies helped quite a bit, and then afternoon hit.  They got a case of the "I don't know what to do's."
Sarah and Alli wanted to walk to the store with Anna, but Anna wanted to finish her book. I am not quite ready to turn Alli and Sarah onto the streets alone quite yet.   Sarah is still a little scared to go without Anna, which tells me she is too young and not ready. Of course Miss Alli is ready to conquer the world, so she was a bit unhappy at the thought of not going for a long walk to the store.
Alli doesn't yet appreciate the loveliness of a good book.  She will soon, as her reading is improving so much!
So, I suggested to them that it might be fun to wash the cars.  The looks were amazing! They spoke a 1,000 words.... "Mother Dear, you can't be serious!"  (of course this is what I read through their angelic little eyes). :)

Sarah, took the bite, and off she went to start on the car.
She started having fun with the hose, and before I knew it, Alli was all excited about joining in...


then Erika...
and Finally Anna finished her book and she joined too. :)
But she didn't want her picture on the blog. It was a pretty picture... with a nice smile..... but alas, I will be respectful and not post it. :/
 And now the cars are clean, the girls are happy and there is more to do! There is ALWAYS more to do!

3 comments:

Milena said...

Ha! My brother in law has a white Lincoln, just like the one in the first picture! They are REALLY rare here.

Glad they managed to find fun in the activity you suggested!

Mike and Christie said...

Milena,
I refer to it as "the boat". :)
It does make for a nice ride.

Annie said...

I'd gladly trade washing cars this afternoon for sitting in thie REALLY HOT laundromat (doing out quilts and comforters this time).

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin