His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

My Tim

Well, Maybe I should say "Our Tim" since he is married. :)
On the day we left for camp Tim got the call. I have been waiting impatiently
for him to get the call about his certification for special education. He had to take a class and test to get certified.

The first time he took the test, he took too long, didn't finish and just didn't want to ask for extra time. He said it is just such a pain to ask for extra time. It takes paper work and a lot of red tape. So he tried to take it without special accommodations.

So this time, he practiced over and over trying to increase his speed in answering questions. And..... Not only did he pass. He passed really well.

Tim is one of those guys who doesn't give up. No matter what. He doesn't give up.
I don't think he has enough cheer leaders. Much of the time, Tim's accomplishments seem to be overlooked mostly because for many, it isn't that big of a deal. So he's a teacher. So he's a special ed teacher. So he graduated from college..... lots of people do.
Yea.... But not lots of people like Tim.

I cannot express to anybody, even my blog how my heart soars with joy and tears flow over this child. When he accomplishes new heights, my heart goes right back to the NICU and him struggling for every breath. It goes back to those words, "He hasn't given us any reason to believe he will ever: sit up, see, hear, speak.... he is a devastated baby, he needs to be removed from life support, he is brain dead."

OH MY! He is FAR from brain dead! And what I am happiest about is he gives ALL the glory to his Savior, Jesus Christ.

So my Tim, our Tim, is now certified to be a Special Education Teacher. I think he will do an awesome job.
He is after all, very qualified.

4 comments:

JJ said...

YEAH TIM! WAY TO GO! We need SPED teachers, who like your mom, believes in high expectations for children. Some people work hard while others work smart. It sounds like you worked smart, Tim. YOU DID IT...and without any accommodations. That is one way to see the hand of the Lord plain as day.

WOO HOO Christie, your son is now a genuIne, bonafIde, certifIed, baptIsed Special Education Teacher! The reality is TIM DID IT!!! Praise the Lord and Hallelujah!!!!

Winston Churchill must have been speaking into the future when he said, "Never, never, never, never, never give up!"

Congratulations, Tim Minich and Family!!!

Lorraine said...

I think that is so awesome. we need people who not only want to teach special kids, but who understand some of the issues and difficulties they face. Look out girlies, big brother is a teacher, he may want to practice on you!

Melissa E. said...

awesome.

cwink said...

Hi Christie,
I peep in on your blog every now and then. I've been just a tiny bit down lately - I'm going through one of those reality checks with our Ems and when I need a little boost I sometimes think of your Tim and how far he as come. It was so uplifting to read this post! Congratulations Tim - you are such an inspiration!
Casey Wink - FRUA

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin