His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Missed Moments of Simple Joy


Today I went to Wal mart, and as I walked up to my car which was parked by the median, there was this little girl about 4. She had blonde hair and thick glasses for an obvious eye problem. But she was observing the tree on the median very carefully. She looked at it very closely and said, "Mommy, this tree has an owie!" Her mommy wasn't paying much attention and said rather droley,"Get in the car." The little girl was fixated on that tree and I heard her say, "Oh poor tree!" Then she kissed it.
I was cracking up while putting my groceries away.

Her mom was doing the same thing. (putting groceries in her car)

The little girl then said, "Oh mommy, isn't this the most beautiful tree! I LOVE this tree!" Her mommy put her cart in the cart holder and called her over again. This time she said, "because you didn't get in the car, when we get home you are going to your room to be punished!" end of story...... The little girl got in the car and they drove away....

Now, It is true that she didn't get into the car when her mother told her to, but my guess is, she didn't even hear her. She was so happily fixated on that exciting tree and having such a moment of joy, she didn't hear her mommy.

Her mommy missed such a wonderful moment to share with her little girl. It is really special to share a child's joy and excitement over the simplest of things.
We all miss out. We are all guilty of being too busy.

I hope this little girl's mommy has a better day tomorrow,enjoys her daughter's delight and shares in it with her while discovering this wonderful, beautiful world God has given us to enjoy. :)

I had the secret delight of watching a little girl admire a tree. :)

1 comment:

Ashley said...

Thank you for sharing this.

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin