His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Monday, February 9, 2009

A Mother's Joy and Tears

video
This is a very special video for me. It brings me both tears and joy. OR should I say, tears OF joy. :)
It may not seem much to many to see a child of 10 swinging on an old swingset. But LOOK! Look closely! She is doing it all by herself! 6 years ago, she was in a bed, laying in a bed, laying all day and all night, just "left to lay", that is what they call it. By a miracle, she was transferred to an orphanage where they started to work with her. I met the woman during our last missions trip who taught her how to walk in cumbersome braces. She taught her to feed herself and talk. And I was able to tell her thank you.

Swinging herself though! This is a new thing. She is so proud, and I am proud of her.
She got all muddy swinging so I had to take her socks and shoes off. This is what I found!

They didn't have purple toenail polish in the orphanage either. :)

Erika has come so far. It will 3 years in April. It seems so long ago, like she has always been with us, yet it seems like yesterday when we brought her home forever.
So today I have tears of joy, just because a little girl is happy and can paint her toenails any color she wants.

2 comments:

Melissa E. said...

:-)

mommajeane said...

How sweet... love her purple toenail polish... and your dear heart.

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin