His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Friday, February 27, 2009

For Those Headed To Ukraine



There really is a place called the SDA. It isn't a dream. It will happen. YOU WILL walk through these doors to meet those who have the records and hold the keys to get your children home. Best Wishes and Godspeed to ALL of you! And while you are there... Don't forget to take a picture of yourselves in front of these doors so you can encourage those who follow after you! :)

3 comments:

Diana said...

I totally agree. Even when it takes YEARS to complete the journey as it did for us, it really will happen all in due time...all in the Lord's due time, that is. And before you know it, you'll even be where we AP's who've "been there and done that" are, which is raising your kids and loving them more than you ever thought possible.

There's only one tiny thing I'd change about your post, though, Christie. This is the building's front door. They now have adoptive families wait in outdoor courtyard off to the left (in between the SDA and St. Andrew's and take them in through the side door and up the stairs. For those of you interested in seeing a photo of the courtyard, and side door, there's one on my blog. You can access it by clicking on the "SDA Appointment" link on the sidebar of my blog (in my profile.) Just be warned, that particular post on my blog isn't nearly as upbeat as this one on Christie's is, but it is about as real as it gets...especially if you're traveling blind.

But you know what? Even knowing what I know now, I'd do it all again in a heartbeat and look forward to the day when my boys are ready for us to do so.

Hang in there! It will happen!

Mike and Christie said...

When we went, we were at the NAC building. They had changed from the NAC to the SDA and then reopened temporarily as the NAC again. We were in a different place. When we went in, there was a stair way to go up, and a security guard. He stopped us andrefused to let us up for our appointment. He said to our translator he could do what he wanted so if he said stay, we had to stay. (nice guy):/
Once we got past him, everything was ok after that. But it is nerve wracking!
I wish I had known about the side door. I'll go through my pics and see if I have another one. We took that picture in October just for this purpose. :)

Debbie said...

Thanks! I pray we get there very, very soon. It's hard to make the girls wait for us...but God knows what He's doing. :-)

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin