His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Short Sighted Chaos VS. Eternal Wisdom

I am the first to admit, that the palpable existence of EVIL in this world bothers me greatly. The suffering in the world seems to be growing at alarming rates.  Evil begets Chaos and it seems that Chaos is reigning in so many different locations, including right here in America.

Suffering, especially the suffering of innocent people is so troubling.  Sometimes I have to stop reading because I start to feel so small, so overcome with sadness and I feel so powerless to change anything.

Information about world events is pressed upon us  giving us knowledge of so much more than any of the previous generations on earth.   Honestly, I don't think we were meant to take in so much.

That brings me to wonder how in the WORLD GOD, can handle so much and bear so much.  He bears our burdens and feels our sorrows, AND.... He allows it!  But why?  God is LOVING and KIND,  He is LONG SUFFERING and PATIENT, and I do not believe that ONE thing happens on this Earth that HE does not know about.  

Yet, that Loving God, allowed my daughters to suffer horrendously.  He allowed me to suffer. He has allowed hardship to come to nearly every person I know.  There are people that suffer tremendously all over this world. Yet God says , "Follow Me.  Trust Me."

It is a puzzle when I think without eternity in mind.  When I am short sighted and filled with my self, NONE of it makes any sense.  It is sort of like this riddle:

"What has four letters, yet has three. But used in a sentence brings happiness and glee.
Therefore has nine, but there has just five.  What in the world?  If it has two, that is ok."
This is what it is like to think in the flesh, without the eyes of eternity.  This is what it is like to not have faith, to not trust in the infinite wisdom of a loving and heavenly father. 

But when the riddle is solved.... (if you can't solve it, let me know and I'll give a clue) all of the sudden, what seemed chaotic and made ZERO sense, is put in  proper perspective.   And we can say "Ahhh!" Now I understand. 
That time for us will not come for a long time.  And that is where faith comes in.  I choose to put my faith in the ONE who knows all things and rest in Him, even when I do not understand.    He knit me in my mother's womb, he knows the number of days that I will live, and he knows the future. 

Things are much less chaotic in my heart when I think about world affairs, or the affairs within my own family when I stop being short sighted and look at circumstances in light of eternity, and I trust that He who began a good work, will be faithful to complete it.




3 comments:

Brooke said...

My 14 year old son Garrett and I need a clue to the riddle. We figured out that there are four letters in the word what, two letters in the word it, etc... But we don't know the rest of it.

I also enjoyed the rest of your post. Faith grows as I come to realize that God is holding me, even in the hard times. It also helps to have the perspective to see that the very difficult things my husband and I have walked through in our lives, have prepared us to be the parents of the children, who have walked difficult roads, that God has given us.

Mike and Christie said...

Brooke, you are on the right track... "Used in a sentence brings happiness and glee is meant to throw you off"... go past it and figure out how many letters are in the other words.

It is a nonsense sentence, that states how many letters are in words. :)
You two are very smart!

Brooke said...

The nonsense part did throw us off. :-)

Garrett loves to read the Redwall books. He loves solving the riddles in them so he spotted the number of letters in the words right away. There are always riddles going on around her when my 16 year old cousin lives with us. They both love riddles, so they steal and hide each others prize possessions, then make up riddles for each other to find them.

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin