His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Sunday, July 22, 2012

Preparing for SCHOOL!


Tomorrow, I will begin to prepare for "School days School Days, Good Ole' golden rule days, Reading and Writing and Rithmatic!" 
We have less than a month before school starts.
Anna has announced she needs a new wardrobe.
Sarah has asked to volunteer at the library.
Alli is excited for what we are going to study.
Erika is ready to work hard to get ahead!
This year, we will start a new Geography and History Program.  I am really excited to get it going.
We will continue with Apologia Science, and Algebra 1/2 for 3 of the girls. Alli  will be doing 7th grade math. 
We are planning to try a sports team with a different home school association.  I need to make those calls this week to make sure Anna and Alli  can get in.
We will continue Friday Soccer for all of the girls.

It has been a really good summer.  I'm glad we took the time off.  It is the longest summer we have EVER taken!  But it was necessary.  I needed to really have a break, and Mike has needed me to do extra things in the shoppe with him.  I am hoping to continue to help him... but I'll have to be SUPER organized!  (not my forte')

So the countdown begins! We start school August 15th! :)

I am starting to get excited to get back on a REAL schedule!  I am also excited that our chickens will start to lay eggs soon!  I can't wait to STOP buying eggs once again, and get REAL eggs!

Love how the girls have handled summer.  We are jelling.... :)

2 comments:

Hevel Cohen said...

I just realized that we have barely a month left till school starts and I have audibly voiced my displeasure with the school year starting earlier from this year on.

So not ready for summer to be over.

mommajeane said...

I have been working on our school this year ( way earlier than I usually get to). We start after Labor day though...I love the summer too much. We can't have chickens here- against the zoning but I wish we could.

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin