His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Monday, July 23, 2012

Randomness

We had a busy weekend.... so much so that we didn't even take the boat out on the lake.  We settled in last night and watched the DVD Babies that was recommended by r.   Thank you r.  We really enjoyed it. :)


On Saturday, we had so many cars to work on it was a parking lot out there!  One of our customers also attends our church.  Her little girl came in to play.  I had to leave and take Anna to the library to volunteer and while I was gone, Miss Alli decided to take a self portrait with her friend. :)

I also had to take a different car which I am SO THANKFUL that we have! My van broke down right in the drive way.  Mike will get to it when he can, but not today.
I decided to BBQ for dinner and the chicken I just bought was ROTTEN...... so we had to go to plan B... Fish.    Glad we had some fish.

On Sunday morning, Sarah was excited that she "finally found her stubbies!"  I asked her, "what are "stubbies?"  (that is a term used for prosthetics without the foot part)
She was talking about STUD earrings! :)
The 3 older girls attended a party for VBS volunteers yesterday afternoon so Mike and I took Alli  out to eat.  I think she enjoyed having alone time with mama and papa! :)

Soooo, time to tackle this week.  Preparing for school, laundry to fold, dishes to do,  working in the shoppe,  and 3 Scottish Rite appts. between 2 girls.

Yes, I will forge on!  What do I WANT to do?  Go back to sleep! :/

2 comments:

Chiara said...

Babies! I've seen it too, lovely! My favourite one was the baby from mongolia, and his elder brother!

Mike and Christie said...

Chiara, that was my favorite one too! LOL
I couldn't believe them dragging the cat in. And his parents would tie him to a post or table so he wouldn't wander off. And then, riding with him on the motorcycle.
In America, that would land them in jail.
The thing that struck me was the indulgences of one society vs. the non indulgence of the others. The little girl from Japan was totally overwhelmed and frustrated with too much stimulation. The baby from Namibia was happy to play with dirt.

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin