His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Thursday, July 26, 2012

Anna

Anna is rather shy but not quiet.   She has distinct likes and dislikes and is more comfortable in her skin as she has crossed the threshold into teendom.  She loves country music, and dare I say it..... Justin Bieber.  But I am proud of her, because she is not ashamed to say it. :)  I know many girls her age who just try to fit in and would never admit to friends they liked something their friends didn't.  Not Anna. :)
Another thing about Anna is she loves her sisters.  She is a good big sister and a good little sister. :)
9 years ago, at this time we had applied to bring Anna into our home.  9 years ago nearly to the day, I got a speeding ticket for rushing paper work to the post office too fast! :)  It was my first and only speeding ticket. I don't know why I thought going faster would bring her home faster.  I was just caught up in the bring Anna home moment.  And it cost a LOT!

Anna has joined me in being gluten free all the way, and she is also dairy free.  She has ALSO decided she doesn't want to eat anything that used to be alive, which is a bit of a challenge for me in the kitchen.  But so far we have managed to keep her fed. :)
I should jump on the not eating any living thing bandwagon, but so far, I am not there. 

Anna has been such a great sister for Alli. She understands Alli very well.  I think she could see a lot of herself in Alli and that helped her process her own thoughts.
She has REALLY grown up!

 And she found a new favorite clothing store.

 And she dreams of owning her own pickup truck some day. :)
 Hey, how did Sarah get in here?? :) 

 Anna is a true cat person. :)

7 comments:

Alysa said...

WOw! You should tell Anna that a gluten and vegan diet is extremely healthy... Dairy isn't as good for you as our society thinks and neither is gluten! Go Anna! I am with her on not eating something that was alive.. lol

Mike and Christie said...

I am proud of her. She also drinks ZERO soda, even for a special occasion. I wish I had her determination!
This is a far cry from the little 5 year old who CRAVED sugar ALL THE TIME! :)

:)De said...

I can't remember when I started reading, but she has grown to be such a beautiful young lady.

Peace, Anna!!!

Hevel Cohen said...

Is she going macrobiotic? How can you skip all plants?

Mike and Christie said...

No, just vegetarian. She eats all kinds of plants, even though they were living before.... just not like animals that were living before. :)

Hevel Cohen said...

Every year millions of innocent plants are murdered by vegetarians. I'd say eat mor chickin, but really beef is better.

Annie said...

She's lovely - can't beat a cat person!

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin