His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Friday, March 23, 2012

Sarah's Dr. Visit

Sarah and I headed to Scottish Rite this a.m. EARLY. :)   


She had a great visit with the team of doctors and therapists.
One thing she has been concerned about, is that her left leg thigh muscle is not as developed as her right leg.  She wants it to get stronger.
So the Doctor called in P.T. and they gave her some exercises to do for the next 3 months.
 She was also accepted into a research study on how amputees walk. :)  The goal is to map on a computer gait so that they can develop better ways to help kids walk well.  Sarah does not have a limp and she is a great candidate because she walks so well.  

We were sent downstairs to Orthotics and Prosthetics so they could add about 1 1/2 cm to her leg because she is getting TALLER! :)     She is also thinking about a "high heel" foot. She is, after all going to be 13 in June. :)   They told her to pick out some high heels and the height she will want, and then we will work on it. :) 
I have a very excited little girl. :)


No comments:

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin