His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Saturday, March 3, 2012

Leading By Example


Jesus said, "Follow Me!"  Paul said, "follow my example"...

Paul could say that, because he followed Christ. 

How about us?  Can we say to our children, "Follow me" ?    Can we say to them, "Act like me"?
If not, Why not?

Self inspection is a good thing. We all have short comings and flaws, and yes, Mrs. Nasty rears her ugly head now and again.... But that is not an excuse for lazy acceptance.  We need to strive IN CHRIST to be more like Him.
When parenting children with challenges, or children without, I have asked myself over and over in the last 33 years...
Would I want to be parented by me? Are my children imitating MY behavior?  Am I a good representative of Christ to my children? Do I give them any reason, through my example to want to follow Christ too?  When I am wrong, Do I apologize?   Do I say NO too often, or just because?  Are my Yes's more than my No's? 

Am I KIND?  "It's your KINDNESS that leads us to repentance Oh Lord!" (Romans 2:4)


Just a thought.....


2 comments:

Kelly said...

Well it's a great thought! I wonder this sometimes myself. Am I being the best me I can be? Usually not, but my efforts are directed in the right direction. Run the race...

Blessings, Kelly

Alysa said...

I think I have found a new favorite blog! Finally have another to add to my very small number of favorites (counting yours, only 2!!)

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin