His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Friday, March 2, 2012

The Answer: ADOPTION

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)
combine with this quote:
"If I were to ask God why He lets poverty and injustice exist, why there are so many orphans and why He does nothing about it, I am SURE He would ask me the same ..."
author unknown

and you get ADOPTION..... 
The first  quote is the perspective of the orphan, the second, of the person who's concept about life needs to change. " It isn't all about 'Me'."
God LOVES orphans....He is the author of adoption.  After all, He DID adopt US.  He works in the hearts of people and moves them, when they are willing to take a risk, dive off of a cliff. :)  

There are no guarantees in how our lives will turn out.... except IN CHRIST.... There is EVERY GUARANTEE that HE will be with us, no matter what.  My Erika remembers the Lord visiting her in that dying  laying room.  And when her hopes were dashed in the orphanage, and God seemed silent.  He was NOT.  He was speaking to US.... about a little girl we knew almost nothing about; a little girl who was at the brink of forever being a lost child.

A person from our church went on a missions trip and saw her before we did. They knew we were planning to go and get her.  They came back with "BAD NEWS", "We don't think you should adopt her... she seems to be clinically depressed." 
Well, do you think??  I surely would be.

When Erika longed for a family; when she thought nobody would ever come.... God was speaking to OUR hearts. He was shouting to us, in that still quiet voice.... Erika is yours.  His desire was for her to be here.  And HIS desire became OUR desire.  Some may ask, why her? Why Ukraine?  I don't even question it.  The Lord guides different people to do different things.  That is why we are His hands, His Feet.... we are all called to different purposes and plans.

Adoption IS like jumping off a huge cliff into the land of the unknown.  You CANNOT hold back or protect yourself.... you dive in head first and DON'T LOOK BACK!  And when you DIVE... YOU DIVE INTO LOVE. 

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin