His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Monday, March 19, 2012

Sorting Stuff Out...


We Americans just have too many clothes!  Or, maybe it is just "We Minich's" have too many clothes!
But not any more!
Today, I worked with the girls to get drawers cleaned out, sorted and put back.  I did the same with my things.
I finally got rid of the dress that no longer fits. (hanging onto the jeans, for I do have hope)
Got rid of 10 year old shirts that had stains, so sat in the bottom of my drawer.  I sorted winter and summer. (because that is really all we have here. Cold or Hot)  The winter stuff is going into the attic. The summer stuff is out.  I sorted the too small stuff for good will and the too old stuff for the trash.

And now, I plan to REMEMBER NOT TO BUY ONE THING for a long time! Everybody has enough. I got rid of the too much. 
Ahhh, that feels good!

Interestingly, This is Alli's first cycle to see old clothes come back and new clothes go into the attic. She was pretty excited. :)
She was also surprised at how much she has grown!

I  had a fond memory come back as I was going through my drawers.  I found a little dress Anna used to wear.  I was a cute little summer dress. I can't believe she was ever that tiny! The first time I was going to sort through Anna's clothes when she was 5, she nearly panicked.  She wanted to keep EVERYTHING and not let anything out of her sight. She was so afraid she would lose her clothes forever.  It took some convincing that she was growing and would get some new things.  She is used to it now. :)

No comments:

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin