His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Monday, March 5, 2012

Post Surgery Update

Erika and I went to see the Surgeon this a.m.  We have a better plan to manage pain, and then in 3 more weeks we will start prosthesis.  She has too much swelling right now.  But the good news is, she has 3 sisters to keep her distracted, and they are taking VERY good care of her. :)

She is looking forward to walking again, but it will be a couple of months.  Alli LOVES to steer her around in her wheel chair, so does Sarah.  Anna, has been very helpful in every way.

I have been touched watching the girls love on their big sister.  It is not easy being down....and Erika VERY MUCH is not inactive, even with arthrogryposis. 

We will all get through this TOGETHER!

4 comments:

Jo said...

Get well soon Erika!

You have some wonderful girls there. :-)

Hevel Cohen said...

Get well soon, and enjoy this special sisterly bond in the process, Erika!

Christie, you can be proud of your wonderful girls!

Holly said...

I'm glad to read such a positive update, and with such an awesome photo to go with it! :)

Claire said...

I'm glad everything is going well. I just read an article about orphan elephants in National Geographic and thought you and the girls would enjoy it too. http://ngm.nationalgeographic.com/2011/09/orphan-elephants/siebert-text

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin