His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Thursday, March 15, 2012

The Pit of Despair!

That is what Sarah's and Alli's room was declared to be today! :)
All week I have been trying to help in the office, write, clean, take care of Erika and get Anna to the dentist TWO days in a row..... because we accidently went one day EARLY! LOL

I haven't paid much attention to the little's room.  They are both very creative and still play A LOT with barbies.  They also put on a fashion show.  I should have checked.... but I didn't.... That is until today.

Alli couldn't find her glasses and she had a head ache.  So I went to go and help her.  AHHHHHH!!!!
No wonder! 
It was also her night out with daddy.  She helped until it was time to leave,  and still had not found her glasses.  She was weepy and sad because she is REALLY trying. She just isn't quite there yet.

Sarah and I told her we would help.  So they left. 

Then, Sarah and I dug in.  The more we cleaned, the more frustrated Sarah got.  She didn't realize how messy art work papers and barbie junk can be!  We moved desks and furniture and really did a good spring clean. 

She changed her heart attitude when I mentioned that I was trying to help her.
Then we actually enjoyed ourselves. :)

We DID find Alli's glasses.  Our motto has been "In the case or on your face".... She has done pretty well with that.  They were IN A CASE, but not the right case. :)    We cleaned them and put them on her bed with new sheets and a clean quilt and then we all made a card that said we loved her.  Everybody signed it. :)

When she came home she told us of the wonderful time she had with daddy.  She ran into her room and then came out, "WHAT DID YOU DO TO MY ROOM???  I CAN'T FIND ANYTHING! " LOL
She had a big smile on her face.  I told her that all of her art work was in the portfolio box where it belonged.  She was stunned it could all fit. :)

And now that everybody is in bed, I was going to sneak back out and finally work on filling in some of my outline.  I found this note from Sarah, at my computer, propped up against the monitor so I wouldn't miss it. :)
Isn't that sweet! :)  Maybe Sarah can help me with MY room while I get mad at IT tomorrow! :)

No comments:

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin