His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

New Life Taking Shape

It has been a month since Alli came into our lives and we are thankful for the wonderful girl the Lord has brought into our family.
I have to say, I am soooo PROUD of her and of each of the girlies.  It is not easy adjusting to a new life, new ways of doing things, new ideas, and changing everything around.
But these girls, each of them, have stepped up to the plate and hit home runs this week.

We have had doctor's appointments and eye appts. and Sarah has a horrible rash from head to toe due to some sort of food allergy...poor girl.....

Alli handled a 2 plus hour eye appt. and just did so well.  She then spent a good amount of time today with Daddy and Anna, because Erika and Sarah had an appt with the eye doctor and the rash doctor.
Daddy said Alli did so well.... and she was smiling all day.  He said, "You look like a happy girl!" and She said, "I am daddy!"

I can see that she has really relaxed today.  She has been funny and silly and doesn't seem nervous or guarded at all.  So proud of her.

2 comments:

JJ said...

I am celebrating with you, Christie! It has been wonderful to be able to follow Alli's progress. We have lived out several scenarios you have described, just months ago at our house. Total deja-vu at times.

Marco said...

I'm enjoying reading about your family and the four girlies. Great pictures too. VERY interesting about Dr. Collier! How did Erika's app't go? 'Hope Sarah is feeling better!
Maria (Canada)

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin