His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Monday, April 4, 2011

Good News!

We took Alli to see Dr. Collier today.  I just love this guy. He helped Anna and Sarah with their reading and ADHD...  He will be seeing Erika tomorrow.
We were told Miss Alli is blind in her left eye.  Dr. Collier looked at her eyes and said that she is NOT blind in her left eye. She just isn't seeing out of it.  He said here eyes are 7 degrees off from what they would need to be to work together.... so he is grinding lenses to correct the problem.  He will use a certain method of exercise to try and jump start her brain to help it remember to see, and then with the corrective lens, she should begin to use the eye again! 
I was amazed! 
She had her good eye covered. He asked her to look at the E. It was a LARGE E and she couldn't see it. He said it was too hard for her brain to work so it shut off.  He then took some ping pong paddles with black and white stripes on one and plain gray on the other.... He asked her, "Where is the zebra?" She pointed right to the correct paddle! The stripes got smaller and smaller and he said she could see about 20/30 in her bad eye.
The sad news was that in her GOOD EYE, she has optic nerve damage due to unknown injury, but he did not feel it was due to the large scar on her head.
So, in about 7 days, Alli will be sporting a new pair of purple glasses, and will begin to learn how to see out of her eye once more. :)
YEA!

4 comments:

Emily Minich said...

I am so glad for her!

:)De said...

Healing all around; physical, emotional and spiritual. Can't wait to see the purple glasses. Purple is my favorite color.

xpaul34x said...

No doubt the glasses will be cool!! I wish you all the very best and Mike and Christie the way you have given your life to help like this brings tears to my eyes its like amazing that there are still people in the world who do these things.

Muddled Muse said...

It is so liberating to be able to SEE! I'll be praying the eye will heal quickly so Miss Alli can discover the delights of reading...

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin