His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

The Happy Face of My Little Truth Teller!

Isn't she just precious?
A few minutes ago she came over to me and said, "Mama, I have something to tell you, but you're gonna be mad!"
I said, "I don't know why I'd be mad." 
She said, "BELIEVE ME, you're gonna be mad! I don't know if I should tell you. "

So, I said, "You should always tell me, even if you think I might get mad."

So she did.....
She left some raisins in the bedroom and ants got into them.  We went and got them and fed them to the goats, extra protein and all. :)
And then she said, "You didn't get mad!"
No, I didn't.  It isn't your fault we have CRAZY TEXAS ANTS!!!
But now you know it is best not to leave any kind of food in the bedroom. :)

She then said, "At first I was afraid to tell, and then I decided to tell anyway."
I asked, "Doesn't that make you feel so good inside to tell the truth!!"  She said, "YES"!

Even though the ants ate your raisins and got all over, it still feels great to tell the truth. :)
And then, we went outside and told daddy too, and he gave huge hugs and squeezes and now we are ready to go to bed with a clear conscience. :)

3 comments:

Chiara Elena said...

Cute! Lovely bedtime story!

mommajeane said...

Truth - It does set us free. So glad that she getting this. I am not surprised though. We have seen her blossom and thrive in the love of her family.

MariaG said...

Wonderful! Good job Alli ... and you are such a great mom Christine! Very wonderful. I love reading your blog.
Maria (Canada)

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin