His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Sunday, April 10, 2011

Great Wolf Lodge

We left on Friday afternoon for Great Wolf Lodge in Grapevine Texas.  We planned this trip in January, after Saving our Change for over a year. Everybody participated in the "Tea Pot Fund" and along with a discount for time of year, we were able to go and spend the night for one night and enjoy the water park for 2 days.  It was a surreal experience, as we typically don't do extravagant. :)

But oh, it was FUN!  Tim and Em and the boys joined us, and Marcus and Ivy and Will and Charlie were NOT able to come, sniff, because Ivy got sick the day before..... they have rescheduled for a later date.... so maybe next year we can all make it at the same time.

Erika's favorite part was the wave pool and lazy river.  Sarah, Anna and Alli hung out at the water slide area going to the top and sailing down on inner tubes.....  Daddy and I traded off between the girls that climbed stairs and relaxing in the lazy river.

Dad and I along with Alli and TIM went up to the top of the building and went down the Tornado together.  Now THAT was an experience that I would compare with the Texas Giant. Not as rough, but certainly as scary!!!! I thought we were going to tip over. :)  Thankfully we made it out ok and managed to crawl to the stairs and compose ourselves to walk proudly back to the lazy river. :)

I carried Erika up a few flights of stairs to get to a water slide and she gleefully went down....Then Daddy carried her to a BIGGER one outside... and it took about 20 minutes for him to talk her into going down.... LOL.... She did it finally, and was so glad she did. :)
more pictures to come.... off to church. :)

1 comment:

Hevel said...

Wow, it seems like you've just had so much fun!

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin